Terms of Service
Last revised: October 19, 2021
- + List Your Equipment For Free
- How It Works
- Pro Sign Up
- Log In
- Terms of Service
- California Privacy
- Equipment Criteria
- Premium Owners
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EQPME! OUR ONLINE MARKETPLACE PLATFORM HAS BEEN BUILT WITH A SINGULAR FOCUS ON FACILITATING CONNECTIONS BETWEEN OUR USERS AND WELCOMING THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY TO THE FUTURE. OUR MISSION IS TO STREAMLINE THE EQUIPMENT RENTAL AND ACQUISITION PROCESS TO EMPOWER OUR USERS TO WORK SMARTER, SO THEY CAN CONTINUE WORKING HARDER ON THEIR CORE BUSINESSES.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT GOVERN HOW CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND EQPME CAN BE BROUGHT, INCLUDING A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION (SEE SECTION 21 BELOW) THAT ALSO INVOLVES A WAIVER OF JURY TRIALS AND CLASS ACTIONS. PLEASE REVIEW THE ARBITRATION PROVISION CAREFULLY, AS IT IMPACTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REQUIRES YOU TO RESOLVE ALL DISPUTES WITH EQPME ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES IN ANY CAPACITY, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, AS WELL AS ANY AND ALL POLICIES, WHETHER OR NOT YOU BECOME A USER. BY ACCESSING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATION(S), OR OTHERWISE INTERACTING WITH THE PLATFORM IN ANY WAY, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO, AND MUST IMMEDIATELY REFRAIN FROM USING, THE SITE, ANY RELATED APPLICATIONS AND/OR THE SERVICES AS FURTHER DEFINED HEREIN.
These terms and conditions constitute a binding legal agreement (the “Terms”) which govern access to and use of the EQPME INC., and its successors, assigns, subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively, “Eqpme”, “we”, “our” or “us”), (a) website(s), information, blog(s), products and services (collectively, the “Site”) and (b) mobile application(s) (collectively, “Applications”) by individuals or entities, as applicable, who (i) utilize the Platform and/or purchase or subscribe to any form of services offered by or from Eqpme (collectively, the Site, Applications and the Platform shall be referred to herein as the “Services”) or (ii) create an account (“Account”) either as: (i) a renter or purchaser, as applicable, of Equipment (defined below) and their Authorized Users, if applicable (collectively, a “Customer”), (ii) an owner of Equipment and their Authorized Users, if applicable (collectively, an “Owner”) or (iii) both. For the purpose of these Terms, Customers and Owners shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as “Users”. By using the Services, Users accept these Terms (whether personally, for or on behalf of an entity, or otherwise). For the purposes hereof, an “Authorized User” includes any entity, whether an individual (i.e. natural person) or otherwise, whether an employee, business partner, contractor, agent or other representative of a User who is registered or permitted by the User to use the Services.
We reserve the right to update and change these Terms at any time and for any reason in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion. If Eqpme makes changes to the Terms, it will provide you with notice of such changes by updating the date at the top of these Terms. You are hereby advised to periodically check these Terms for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Supplemental terms may apply to certain options or offers available through the Services from time to time such as policies for a particular rental booking or sale, event, program, activity or promotion. Supplemental terms are in addition to, and shall be deemed to be part of, the Terms for the purposes of the applicable option or offer. Supplemental terms shall prevail over these Terms in the event of a conflict with respect to the applicable option or offer.
Any and all policies of any nature or kind whatsoever adopted by Eqpme from time to time relating to the use of the Services including, but not limited to, the following policies enumerated and hyperlinked below (collectively, “Policies”) also apply to you and form an integral part of the Terms and are incorporated herein by reference, as same may be amended from time to time. For clarity, reference to the Terms shall also include any and all Policies adopted by Eqpme from time to time. Should a determination be required at any time relating to your compliance herewith or with any Policies (individually or collectively, each a “Determination”), you agree that Eqpme shall make such Determination in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion. You also hereby represent and warrant that you have reviewed each Policy and hereby covenant and agree to be bound thereby as a material condition of using the Services. Users acknowledge and agree that links to certain select Policies can be found below for ease of reference only and that the below is not an exhaustive list:
- Pricing Policy
- Discrimination and Community Policy
- Eligibility & Maintenance Policy
- Extras Policy
- Fuel Policy
- Hour Policy
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
Eqpme provides Users with access to an online equipment marketplace platform (the “Platform”) that allows you to connect with other Users for the purposes of facilitating any form of permitted transaction, as same may be determined by Eqpme from time to time in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, through the Services including, without limitation, the Platform (individually or collectively, a “Transaction”) which may include, without limitation, the leasing, rental, acquisition or sale of Equipment as defined below. The Platform enables, amongst other things: (i) Owners to publish information about Equipment for rent, sale or as may be otherwise permitted in contemplation of entering into a Transaction with a Customer; (ii) Customers to search the Platform for Equipment to rent and/or purchase or engage in such Transaction as may be otherwise permitted from time to time; and (iii) any other individual or entity who opens an Account and/or utilizes or accesses the Platform with or without an Account to view and interact with same. As the provider of the Platform only, Eqpme does not own, control, offer, manage or independently verify any part or portion of the following pieces of information:
Details regarding any Equipment listed on the Platform;
Information provided by any Owner;
Information provided by any Customer;
Content of any Transaction including, but not limited to, any form of rental, sale or other type of agreement that may be required by an Owner; or
Content or adequacy of any insurance (of any kind or description, if any) that may be required by an Owner as part of any Transaction.
You acknowledge and agree that Eqpme is not an equipment rental or sale company. We do not own any Equipment and are not in the business of renting or selling equipment whatsoever. Eqpme ONLY provides the Platform for Owners and Customers to FACILITATE A CONNECTION and, IF DESIREABLE, NEGOTIATE AND agree to the general terms related to a TRANSACTION with ANY such meeting, conversations, actions AND TRANSACTION related thereto subject to these Terms.
NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN CONSTITUTES A FORMAL LEASE, RENTAL AGREEMENT, AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE AND SALE OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LEGAL AGREEMENT RELATING TO ANY TYPE OF TRANSACTION FACILITATED THROUGH THE PLATFORM DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BETWEEN ANY OWNER AND CUSTOMER IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. THE OWNER AND CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EQPME IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY LEASE, RENTAL AGREEMENT, AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE AND SALE AND/OR ANY OTHER FORM OF LEGAL AGREEMENT RELATING TO ANY TYPE OF TRANSACTION FACILITATED THROUGH THE PLATFORM WHICH MAY BE CONSTITUTED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, THE SERVICES.
The Platform is accessible online through: (i) Eqpme’s Site at eqpme.com (or such other similar domain(s) as may be owned and operated by Eqpme, as applicable, including, but not limited to, eqpme.ca, eqpme.co, eqpme.org, etc.) and (ii) through our available Applications. Eqpme’s Site, Applications, the Platform and all associated services are collectively referred to as the “Services”. By accessing or using the Services, including by communicating with us or other Users, you agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, the provisions of these Terms and applicable Policies, whether or not you become a registered User of the Services.
When we refer to “Equipment” in the Terms this will cover all classes of equipment, machinery, vehicles, tools, accessories, manuals and any ancillary items which Eqpme, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, allows: (a) Owners to offer for rent, sale or otherwise and (b) Customers to offer to rent, purchase or otherwise engage in a Transaction, from time to time. For clarity, Equipment does not include anything which is supplied by the Owner as part of the online marketplace listing to facilitate the rental, sale or any other permitted Transaction through the Platform of the Equipment (i.e. pictures, documentation, etc.).
The Services include a “Message Center”. By using our Message Center, Users can arrange a reservation of a rental, sale or any other permitted Transaction of Equipment. Users can also share documentation including, but not limited to, pictures, lease/sale agreements and/or additional Transaction terms, etc.) pertaining to the contemplated reservation, sale or otherwise.
ALL USERS AGREE THAT ANY FORM OF lease, rental agreement, AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE AND sale OR OTHER LEGAL AGREEMENT, as applicable, RELATING TO ANY TRANSACTION ON THE PLATFORM is concluded directly between the Owner OF THE SUBJECT EQUIPMENT and THE Customer in such manner as the respective parties determine, whether through the Message Center, exchange of formal documents, or reliance on the EXPRESS terms of the SUBJECT EQUIPMENT listing as posted BY THE APPLICABLE OWNER on the Platform.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN CONTAINED, EQPME IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS CONCLUDED BETWEEN ANY OWNER AND ANY CUSTOMER RELATING TO ANY FORM OF TRANSACTION INVOLVING THE SERVICES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER OR NOT SAID TRANSACTION WAS COMPLETED THROUGH THE PLATFORM IN WHOLE OR IN PART. ALL USERS HEREBY AGREE TO FULLY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD EQPME COMPLETELY HARMLESS FOR ANY AND ALL MATTERS RELATED TO ANY LEASE, SALE OR OTHER TRANSACTION FOR WHICH THE SERVICES WERE UTILIZED.
It is the sole responsibility of the Owner and Customer to directly negotiate the terms of any Transaction including, without limitation, the lease or sale of any particular item(s), and to verify any information either the Owner or Customer, as applicable, may require in order to conclude any form of legal agreement as between themselves to facilitate any such Transaction.
As further set out in Section 18 herein, Eqpme does not guarantee: the existence, quality, safety or legality of items listed or advertised on the Platform; the truth or accuracy of Users’ content, listings or representations; the ability of Owners to conduct Transactions; the ability of Customers to pay for Transactions or that an Owner or Buyer will actually complete a Transaction. Any guidance that is, or may be, provided at any time and from time to time by Eqpme as part of our Services is solely informational.
Users acknowledge and agree that Eqpme does not act as an agent in any capacity for either the Owner or Customer notwithstanding its holding of funds related to any given Transaction. Eqpme does not hold funds in trust and/or in escrow. Funds transiting through Eqpme are automatically delivered by its then current third-party service provider (currently Stripe) and Eqpme assumes no responsibility for delivery or other distribution of funds whatsoever.
3. Independent Legal Advice/Representation
Eqpme strongly recommends all parties using the Services retain appropriate legal representation before entering into any form of legal agreements of any kind or description whatsoever. WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ATTEMPTED OR PURPORTED USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON, THESE TERMS AND/OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES TO PROVE OR DISPROVE THE EXISTENCE OF ANY CONTRACTUAL RELATIONS BETWEEN ANY USER AND ANY OTHER USER.
Eqpme reserves the right, in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, to modify the Services, these Terms, or any Policies at any time and for any reason whatsoever. If we modify, in whole or in part, any of these Terms, we will post the modification on our Site and will also update the “Last Revised” or “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Services after we have posted a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your sole recourse is to stop using and accessing the Services and close your Account.
If you have any questions for us concerning these Terms, or Eqpme in general, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Services are intended solely for persons who are of legal age in their relevant jurisdiction to rent and/or purchase Equipment offered via the Services. As a User, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age in your resident jurisdiction and competent to agree to these Terms. You are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and contracts with third parties that apply to your rental and/or sale of Equipment.
Any use of the Services by anyone that does not meet the legal age requirement in their jurisdiction is expressly prohibited. Eqpme may, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, prohibit you from accessing or using the Services, in which case, you are not permitted to access or utilize same. If you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of an organization or entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to agree to these Terms on that organization or entity’s behalf and bind them to these Terms (in which case, the references to “you” and “your” in these Terms, except for in this sentence, refer to that organization or entity).
6. Your Account
To access certain features of the Services, you must sign up for an Account which will require you to provide us with your e-mail address and for you to create a suitable password. Eqpme may accept or reject your application to become a User in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion and shall be under no obligation to provide an explanation with respect to any acceptance or rejection under any circumstances.
6.1. Updates to Your Account
You agree to update the information you have provided to Eqpme in the event of any changes, including, but not limited to, any changes to your profile, contact information, financial information, listed Equipment (if applicable) or general background information.
Eqpme may deliver notices to you at the most recent e-mail, telephone, or physical address provided by you, and those notices will be considered valid even if you no longer maintain the e-mail account, telephone number, or receive mail at that physical address. It is your responsibility to ensure this information is up-to-date at all times.
6.2. Responsibility for Your Account
You are solely responsible: (i) for all of the activity that occurs through your Account including those of all Authorized Users thereunder (as applicable), and (ii) to keep all information, password(s) and information relating to the Account, or any Authorized Users (as applicable) secure at all times. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third-party. EQPME WILL NEVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR PASSWORD. You take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Eqpme of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account. We are not responsible for your failure to comply with this clause in a timely manner, or at all, or for any delay in shutting down or protecting your Account after you have reported suspected unauthorized access to us.
7. Your Use of the Services
Your use of the Services is subject to the following:
- You will not breach any provision of these Terms.
- You will not violate any law in your jurisdiction, including but not limited to:
- Breach, violate, and/or circumvent any local, state, provincial/territorial, regional, or national law or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including, without limitation, tax regulations, licensing or registration requirements, or third party rights;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content; or
- infringe, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, reverse engineer, or prepare derivative works from content that belongs to or is licensed to Eqpme, or that comes from the Services and belongs to another User or to a third-party, including works covered by any copyrights, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property, privacy, publicity, moral, or contractual rights, except with prior express written permission of Eqpme.
- You will not dilute, tarnish, or otherwise harm the Eqpme brand in any way, shape or form, including but not limited to:
- through the unauthorized use of the trademark Eqpme, the Eqpme Logo and/or any User content;
- registering and/or using Eqpme or any similar or composite word in any domain names, trade names, trademarks, or otherwise; or
- registering and/or using domain names, trade names, trademarks, social media account names, or other means of identification that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to Eqpme domains, trademarks, taglines, promotional campaigns, or Eqpme and/or User content.
- You will not provide or submit any false information, including but not limited to:
- false name, date of birth, driver’s license, payment method, credit cards, insurance, or other personal information;
- a damage claim, or response to any claim (for example about damage to Equipment, with false or misleading information; Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (“FAQs”)' for more information about making a damage claim in the event that a loss damage waiver (“LDW”) offered by any authorized third-party insurance provider through the Platform was purchased by a User as part of any Transaction. If no such LDW was purchased, then the applicable Owner of the damaged Equipment acknowledges and agrees that it must rely solely upon any external third-party insurance arrangements, if any, to cover any such damage claims resulting from any Transaction;
- register for an Eqpme Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself or any form of entity without proper authorization; or
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity
- You will not harm, or threaten to harm, any other User for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to:
- for failure to pay fees, penalties, or other amounts owed to Eqpme or another User;
- for failure, as either a Customer or Owner, to timely deliver, make available, or return any Equipment and/or any other item provided with or as part of the Equipment;
- misuse the Platform including using the Services to find an Owner or Customer, and then complete a transaction partially or wholly independent of the Services, in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any fees related to Eqpme’s provision of the Services or for any other reason; or
- transfer your Eqpme Account and/or user identification information to another party without Eqpme’s prior written consent;
- You will not harm, or threaten to harm, any other User, including but not limited to:
- “stalk” or harass any other Eqpme User or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other User other than for purposes of transacting as an Owner or Customer in accordance with these Terms;
- engage in physically or verbally abusive or threatening conduct;
- use our Services for any other purpose than intended under these Terms, including but not limited to transmit, distribute, post, or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information, or credit, debit, calling card, or account numbers; or
- by treating anyone differently based on the way they look, who they love, what they believe, how they self-identify, where they’re from, or when they were born. Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated in the Eqpme community; Please refer to our Non-Discrimination & Community Guidelines for more information on our Discrimination and Community Policy.
- You will not use the Services for your own personal purposes that deviate from the purpose of the Platform, including but not limited to:
- contacting another User for any purpose other than in relation to a proposed Transaction;
- commercialize any content found on Eqpme or any software associated with our Services, including reviews;
- harvest or otherwise collect information of any kind or description without our prior written consent in each instance; or
- recruit or otherwise solicit any User to join third-party services or websites that are competitive in any way, shape or form to Eqpme.
- You will not interfere with the operation of the Services, including but not limited to doing any of the following:
- interfering with any other User listings for Equipment;
- distributing or posting spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distributing viruses or any other technologies such as cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or e-mail address information, or similar or other methods or technology that may disrupt or interfere with the operation or provision of the Services, or harm Eqpme or the interests or property of others;
- bypassing robot exclusion headers, interfering with the working of the Services, or imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our information technology infrastructure;
- systematically retrieving data or other content from our Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory, or the like, whether by manual methods, or through the use of bots, crawlers, spiders, or otherwise;
- using display mirroring or framing the Services or any individual element within the Services, Eqpme’s name, any Eqpme trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Services, without Eqpme’s prior written consent in each instance;
- accessing, tampering with, or using non-public areas of the Services, Eqpme’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Eqpme’s providers;
- attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of Eqpme’s system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoiding, bypassing, removing, deactivating, impairing, descrambling, or otherwise circumventing any technological measure implemented by Eqpme or any of Eqpme’s providers or any other third-party (including another User) to protect the Services;
- forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services; or
- endeavoring to circumvent a suspension, termination, or closure of your Eqpme Account, including, but not limited to, creating a new Eqpme Account to circumvent an account suspension or closure or giving Equipment registered to you or a member of your household to any other User to list.
8. User Responsibilities
The following responsibilities apply to all Users:
- Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that:
- the information you provide as part of your access to and use of the Services is complete and accurate. This includes information about yourself and the Equipment; and
- You are legally competent to agree to be bound by these Terms;
- You are legally competent to use the Services and any Equipment you may reserve or purchase as a Customer using the Services;
- You are legally entitled as an Owner to offer the Equipment for sale or reservation using the Services.
- Due Diligence. It is your responsibility to conduct your own due diligence concerning any User that you engage with on the Platform in the use of the Services for any Transaction.
- Safety & Training . Eqpme does not independently qualify or verify any Users of the Platform in any way, shape or form and does not educate Users on the safe handling and operation of Equipment or safety hazards inherent in using Equipment. It is the responsibility of each User to engage only in those activities involving the use of Equipment for which it has the prerequisite skills, qualifications, preparation and training. Compliance with all safety, legal and regulatory requirements in connection with any Transaction or the use of any Equipment is the sole responsibility of the Owner and Customer.
- THE OWNER AND CUSTOMER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EQPME SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM FOR ANY MATTERS RELATED TO THE USE OF EQUIPMENT FORMING PART OF A TRANSACTION.
- Eqpme has no control over and does not guarantee: the existence, quality, safety or legality of any Equipment listed or advertised on the Platform by any User or the truth or accuracy of Users’ content or listings or the ability of any Owners to sell Equipment.
- You must comply with all Policies including, but not limited to, the Fuel Policy, Hour Policy, Cancellation and Refund Policy and the Eligibility and Maintenance Policy.
9. Customer Responsibilities
The following responsibilities apply to any Customer that uses the Services. A Customer must:
- Only rent, buy or otherwise transact for any Equipment which they are legally entitled to rent or buy and, if applicable, operate under any applicable laws of the governing jurisdiction wherein the Equipment is located. These requirements may include, without limitation, having a valid driver’s or operator’s license, obtaining appropriate insurance and/or any relevant permits to operate the Equipment.
- Provide a copy of your driver’s license and any other documents as requested by the Owner.
- Only use the Equipment for its intended purpose in accordance with all applicable Equipment safety and operations manual(s) and local laws/rules/regulations of any kind or description and to treat the Equipment with respect and reasonable care in the operation thereof.
- Exercise commercial best efforts and take all reasonably prudent steps to maintain and keep the Equipment clean during the course of any lease or rental Transaction.
- Immediately report any Equipment damage to the Owner occuring during the term of any lease or rental Transaction.
- Comply with the Late Fee Policy.
- Return the Equipment to the Owner in essentially the same condition as it was received, normal wear and tear excepted.
- Return the Equipment to the Owner in accordance with the Owner’s instruction and on time. If there is any chance of a late return, you should immediately request an extension and following these guidelines:
- Contact the Owner to alert them to the extension request so they can review and respond; and
- Check with Owner if it is possible to rebook the piece of equipment for the required dates. If the Owner replies it is available please rebook once again through the Platform. If the Equipment is unavailable, you have insufficient funds, or the Owner does not respond to you or denies your request you must return the Equipment at the originally scheduled end time or you will be in unlawful possession thereof and, subject to the lease or rental agreement, the Owner may take legal action against you to recover the Equipment.
- If you return the Equipment relating to any rental Transaction facilitated through the Platform past the return time specified on your booking confirmation, then you acknowledge and agree that Eqpme will automatically be entitled to charge you for any such additional usage, together with such additional administrative fees and related charges as may be applicable from time to time. Late fees will be calculated by applying the daily posted rental rate applicable to the booking in question together with Eqpme’s then current administrative and service fees.
- Customer Paid for Equipment Transportation Pick-Up: If a Customer has paid for the Owner, through a transportation fee, to retrieve the Equipment at a specified location, provided that the Customer, at its cost, arranges for the Equipment to be readily accessible to the Owner, or its agents, in a safe and unobstructed location at said site, then the Customer will not be deemed to have returned the rental Equipment late as a result of the Owner’s failure to pick-up the Equipment on time.
- Not operate any Equipment without being properly trained or qualified to do so.
- Not leave Equipment unlocked or running with the keys inside, except where instructed to do so directly by the Owner in writing.
- If required, maintain appropriate insurance for the use of the Equipment as part of any rental Transaction whether obtained through any third-party insurance provider using the Platform or otherwise.
You are responsible for understanding and complying with any laws, rules, regulations etc. and contracts with third-parties that apply to your rental Transaction of the Equipment or use of the Services. Some Equipment may require special permits or licences to use and you will be responsible for checking this in your jurisdiction before you reserve any Equipment.
EQPME IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LEGAL RESTRICTIONS WHICH RESTRICT A CUSTOMER’S ABILITY TO UTILIZE A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.
If you wish to cancel or modify a Transaction involving a rental reservation, then the cancellation or modification will be determined by our Cancellation and Refund Policy.
You assume the entirety of all risks related to the use of the Services and the use of any Equipment in your capacity as either an Owner or Customer directly. Eqpme assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any risk, loss, damages, etc. related to use of the Services or of any Equipment.
WHEN AN OWNER ACCEPTS YOUR RESERVATION IN RESPECT OF A TRANSACTION, A CUSTOMER IS ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT DIRECTLY WITH THE OWNER. AS A CONDITION OF ACCEPTANCE IN RESPECT OF ANY TRANSACTION, THE OWNER MAY REQUIRE THE CUSTOMER TO REVIEW AND ACCEPT ITS OWN STANDARD LEASE, RENTAL AND/OR SALES CONTRACT (THE “OWNER TERMS”). IF A CUSTOMER FAILS, OR REFUSES, TO ACCEPT THE OWNER TERMS, THEN THE LEASE, RENTAL AND/OR SALES TRANSACTION WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BE COMPLETED ON OUR PLATFORM. CUSTOMERS ARE ADVISED THAT EQPME DOES NOT REVIEW, ENDORSE OR AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ANY OWNER TERMS. CUSTOMERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REVIEWING OWNER TERMS PRIOR TO COMPLETING A TRANSACTION ON OUR PLATFORM. USERS AGREE TO PAY ALL APPLICABLE FEES AND TAXES RELATED TO ANY RENTAL AND/OR SALE TRANSACTION.
10. Owner Responsibilities
The following responsibilities apply to Owners that use the Services. An Owner must:
- Include complete and accurate information about your Equipment, price, additional charges (cleaning fees, etc.) and any rules or requirements that apply to your Customer as a condition for engaging in a Transaction through the Platform. You are responsible for keeping your listing information (including calendar availability) and content (like photos) up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Review Customer’s insurance policies to ensure that same are sufficient for your purposes for the rental of any particular piece of Equipment (including as to theft, damage, etc.).
- Provide safe, legally owned and insured Equipment in all instances.
- Ensure that the Equipment is fit for purpose in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and not subject to any form of safety recall.
- Ensure that all Equipment is compliant with Eqpme’s Eligibility & Maintenance Policy.
- Not publish any listing on the Platform with false or misleading information or listing with a price that you do not intend to honor.
- Not offer, as an Owner, any Equipment or optional extras that you do not yourself own or have authority to publish, rent, sell or otherwise use or exploit.
- Not offer, as an Owner, any Equipment that may not be shared for compensation pursuant to the Terms and conditions of an agreement with a third-party, including, but not limited to, a lease or financing agreement with a Customer;
- Not offer any Equipment that has a salvaged, branded, written-off, washed, or unclean title or that is not safe, legally registered, or not insured to be operated on public roads (if applicable);
- Not offer any attachment or add-on item that is not safe, clean, and acceptable for its intended use.
- Act in good faith to accommodate extensions, if possible.
- Report late returns for any rental Transaction in a timely manner after taking appropriate self-help steps to ascertain the location and anticipated return date/time for Equipment which has not been returned as of the stated end-time for any Transaction.
- Without limitation, these steps may include:
- Contacting your Customer via the Eqpme messaging center through the Platform to inquiry if the Customer wishes to extend their Equipment rental booking.
1.If the Equipment is available, ask that the Customer request an extension.
2. If the Equipment is not available, please advise the Customer that the Equipment must be returned as soon as possible and that late return fees will be applicable in accordance with the Eqpme’s relevant Policies and/or any Owner Terms (if any).
- Contacting your Customer via the Eqpme messaging center through the Platform to inquiry if the Customer wishes to extend their Equipment rental booking.
- Report only legitimate late returns involving a rental Transaction. Misreporting could result in the imposition of administrative charges, Account suspension and/or an Account removal at the sole, absolute and unfettered discretion of Eqpme.
- To submit a late return report, follow the steps below:
- 1. Identify the Equipment booking that is late.
- 2. Open the Equipment booking details and tap the “Report Issue” button.
- 3. Select either: “Late Return: Vehicle Not Returned” or “Late Return: Vehicle Returned”.
- 4. Answer all questions presented.
- 5. Tap “Report Issue” and “Confirm” your report.
- 6. Allow Eqpme’s Customer Support team up to forty-eight (48) hours to review the issue and notify you of the outcome or review the issue status in the My Tickets dropdown in the Help Center.
- Be responsible for understanding and complying with any laws, rules, regulations, and contracts with third-parties that apply to your listing of the Equipment or use of the Services.
When you accept a reservation THROUGH THE PLATFORM FOR A TRANSACTION AS AN OWNER, you are entering into a contract directly with the Customer and are responsible for delivering your Equipment under the terms and at the price specified in your listing on the Platform. You are also agreeing to pay ALL applicable fees and taxes for the TRANSACTION THAT MAY BE REQUIRED AS PART OF THE TERMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. Any terms, policies or conditions that you include in your contract with the Customer must not be inconsistent with these Terms and the information provided in your listing on the Platform.
Eqpme iS NOT AN INSURANCE COMPANY AND does not offer insurance. nor doES EQPME verify the existence or adequacy of any insurance purported to be in place by either the Owner or Customer WITH RESPECT TO ANY LEASE OR RENTAL TRANSACTION.
We do not recommend, endorse or provide, nor are we affiliated with, any insurance products, companies, brokers, etc. other than those products, companies and/or brokers whose services are made available through the Platform. Notwithstanding any such inclusion in the Platform, Owners and Customers are required to deal with all aspects of insurance directly between themselves. Please review any insurance policy that you may have related to the rental, sale or use of Equipment carefully and, in particular, please make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions to, as well as any deductibles that may apply in respect of, such insurance policy. Your insurance policy may contain various limitations and restrictions which may affect your coverage and/or determine whether or not benefits will be payable if an insured event occurs.
Notwithstanding any affiliation(s) with any products, companies, brokers, etc. from time to time, Eqpme does not REPRESENT OR warrant in any way, shape or form the suitability of any such products, companies and/or brokers of any kind or description whatsoever, whether available directly through the Platform or otherwise. USERS OF THE PLATFORM ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT WITH THEIR OWN INSURANCE ADVISORS TO ENSURE THE ADEQUACY OF ANY INSURANCE COVERAGE RELATING TO ANY CONTEMPLATED TRANSACTION.
Where an Owner represents that it will provide insurance coverage of any kind, rental and liability agreement waiver, or protection plan to its Customers, no third-party liability insurance, physical damage protection, and/or on-site assistance, the Customer should verify the existence and/or adequacy of any of the offered products directly with the Owner as Eqpme does not engage in any form of review and/or verification of the existence or adequacy of any such insurance or related products.
For those Owners listing Equipment through the Platform for rental purposes, we strongly encourage all such Owners maintain rental insurance with respect to all pieces of Equipment listed using the Platform and Services.
12. No Lease, Rental or Sale Agreement
All Users expressly acknowledge and agree that nothing herein contained constitutes a lease, rental and/or sale agreement of any kind or description whatsoever between any User and any other User.
These Terms create no contractual relationship between Users except as may be explicitly set out herein and use of the Services does not constitute a lease, rental and/or sale agreement between any User and any other User in any circumstance. All agreements pertaining to any Transaction, whether formalized in writing or not, are concluded solely between the Owner and the Customer. A Customer and an Owner may create and use their own form of agreement, including any terms and conditions they see fit. It is your responsibility to review any proposed form of agreement in advance of completing any Transaction to determine whether it is suitable for your purpose. You acknowledge and agree that you may be required by an Owner to enter into one (1) or more separate agreements, waivers or terms and conditions prior to engaging in a Transaction and an Owner may place additional restrictions on the Transaction in its sole discretion.
ANY DISPUTE IN RESPECT OF A LEASE, RENTAL AND/OR SALE AGREEMENT MUST BE RESOLVED DIRECTLY BETWEEN THE OWNER AND CUSTOMER. EQPME HAS NO ABILITY OR OBLIGATION TO INTERVENE IN DISPUTES BETWEEN OWNERS AND CUSTOMERS AS EQPME IS NOT A PARTY TO SAME.
13. Betas, Previews & Testing
13.1 Beta Service
This section describes the additional terms and conditions under which you may (a) access and use certain features, technologies, and services made available to you by Eqpme that are not yet generally available, including, but not limited to, any products, services, or features labeled “beta”, “preview”, “pre-release”, or “experimental” (each, a “Beta Service”) or (b) access and use Services available in certain regions that are not generally available, including, but not limited to, any regions identified by Eqpme as “beta”, “preview”, “pre-release”, or “experimental” (each, a “Beta Region”).
You must comply with all terms related to any Beta Service or Beta Region as posted on the Site, any Applications or as otherwise made available to you. Eqpme may add or modify terms including, without limitation, lowering or raising any usage limits, related to access to or use of any Beta Services or Beta Regions at any time.
You may provide Eqpme with information relating to your access, use, testing or evaluation of the Beta Services or Beta Regions including, without limitation, observations or information regarding the performance, features and functionality of Beta Services or Beta Regions (collectively, “Test Observations”). Eqpme will own and may use and evaluate all Test Observations for its own purposes. You will not use any Test Observations except for your internal evaluation purposes of any Beta Service or Beta Region.
Eqpme may suspend or terminate your access to or use of any Beta Service or Beta Region at any time and for any reason whatsoever. Your access to and use of each Beta Service and Beta Region will automatically terminate upon the release of a generally available version of the applicable Beta Service or Beta Region or upon notice of termination by Eqpme. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, after suspension or termination of your access to or use of any Beta Service or Beta Region for any reason whatsoever, (a) you will not have any further right to access or use the applicable Beta Service or Beta Region, and (b) any User content used in the applicable Beta Service or Beta Region may be deleted or inaccessible.
Test Observations and any User feedback relating to a Beta Service or Beta Region, and any other information about or involving (including the existence of) any Beta Service or Beta Region are considered confidential information by Eqpme.
13.2 “As Is” Beta Services
WITHOUT LIMITING ANY DISCLAIMERS INTHE TERMS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BETA SERVICES AND BETA REGIONS ARE NOT READY FOR GENERAL COMMERCIAL RELEASE AND MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, DEFECTS, OR HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ACCORDINGLY, AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THESE TERMS, EQPME IS PROVIDING BETA SERVICES AND BETA REGIONS TO YOU “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. EQPME MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE REGARDING BETA SERVICES AND BETA REGIONS, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE BETA SERVICES AND BETA REGIONS WILL BECOME GENERALLY AVAILABLE, BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE, OR FREE OF HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING YOUR CONTENT, WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW, EQPME DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. EQPME’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY BETA SERVICES AND BETA REGIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAY USFOR THE SERVICES THAT GAVE RISE TO THE CLAIM DURING THE THIRTY (30) DAYS PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
3. The Eqpme AR Experience
The Customer agrees that we may limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue the Eqpme AR Experience or any of its features or content at any time and for any reason, without notice.
Use of the Eqpme AR Experience may involve flashing lights or patterns that may trigger seizures or other symptoms for photosensitive Users. User discretion is advised.
Ownership, Licenses, and Restrictions
The Eqpme AR Experience and the content contained therein are the property of Eqpme or its licensors. The Eqpme AR Experience and all content, materials, and software incorporated therein are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property laws and proprietary rights. You are granted a limited personal, non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, and revocable license to access and use the Eqpme AR Experience for its intended use. You may not sell, resell, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, record, sublicense, loan, lease, otherwise transfer, alter, modify, merge, adapt, copy, translate, publish, export, create derivative works of, make any commercial use of, reverse engineer, decompile, attempt to derive the source code, disassemble the Eqpme AR Experience or any software that is part of the Eqpme AR Experience, attempt to disable or circumvent any digital rights management mechanism or other content protection measures, or otherwise use and exploit any part of the Eqpme AR Experience. All rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Your use of the Eqpme AR Experience must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may revoke this license at any time without notice.
Source code for parts of the Eqpme AR Experience may be available for use, modification, and distribution under certain open-source licenses. Certain software or technical information may be licensed from third-parties, and may be covered by one or more U.S. Patents, pending U.S. patent applications, and pending counterpart European and international patents.
THE EQPME AR EXPERIENCE AND ANY INCLUDED SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’, WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND BY EITHER EQPME OR ITS LICENSORS. EQPME AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, INTEROPERABILITY, OR THAT THE AR EXPERIENCE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, VIRUS FREE, OR COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR DEVICE OR THAT THE EQPME AR EXPERIENCE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS AT ALL.
If you do not agree to the terms contained in this Section of the Terms relating to the Eqpme AR Experience, then you are prohibited from accessing and using the Eqpme AR Experience.
14. Use of Content
Subject to your compliance with the provisions hereof, Eqpme grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, to access and view any Eqpme and/or user content to which you are permitted access, solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes. You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Eqpme or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
14.2 User Content
We may, in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, permit you to post, upload, publish, submit or transmit content utilizing the Services such as photographs of you and your Equipment, reviews, feedback, and descriptions of your Equipment, etc. By making available any content on or through the Services, or otherwise, you grant Eqpme a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such content on, through, by means of, or to promote or market the Services.
By providing any User content, you authorize Eqpme to request, receive, use, and store such User content in any manner it sees fit from time to time.
Except as described above, Eqpme does not claim any ownership rights in any such content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such content.
Eqpme may from time to time offer certain promotions in respect of the Services in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion. You must be a User in good standing (e.g., not suspended) and in compliance with these Terms and any promotion rules to qualify for any promotional compensation. Users who attempt to abuse our promotions are subject to cancellation/reversal of the promotion amounts and suspension from the Eqpme community, the Platform and a ban on utilization of the Services. Customers and Owners cannot cancel existing Transactions to qualify for new promotions.
You agree to receive all communications, agreements and notices that we provide in connection with any Services (“Communications”) including, but not limited to, Communications related to our delivery of the Services and your purchase of, subscription to or registration to participate in the Services via electronic means, including by email, pre-recorded message calls, in-app notifications, text messages at your telephone number(s), posting them on the Site or through any Services. You further agree that all Communications we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such Communications be in writing or be delivered in a particular manner and you agree to keep your Account contact information current.
We may place such emails, calls or texts primarily to confirm your signup; provide notices regarding your Eqpme Account or Eqpme Account activity; investigate or prevent fraud; collect a debt owed to us; or communicate urgent messages. We may share your phone number(s) and email with service providers with whom we contract to assist us in pursuing these interests. We will not share your phone number(s) and/or emails with third parties for their own purposes without your consent. Standard email, telephone minute and text and data charges may apply. Where Eqpme is required to obtain your consent for such communications, you may choose to revoke your consent.
You authorize Eqpme and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries etc., without further notice or warning, and in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, to monitor and copy e-mails and/or record telephone conversations you, or anyone acting on your behalf, has with Eqpme or its agents for quality control, enforcement, security and/or training purposes. You acknowledge and understand that your communications with Eqpme may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning. If you do not wish to have your call recorded, please contact us instead in writing through firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you list or book Equipment you provide us with certain information about yourself. We may use this information to verify your identity and conduct any other checks we deem advisable to verify the information you provide. In our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, we may from time to time also share this information with a third-party in order to verify your identity or check any other information you provide.
14.6 Intellectual Property
Eqpme is the owner of all intellectual property rights in respect of the Services including, but not limited to, the trademark, EQPME, and any composite mark and logo, as well as any copyright in the Site, applications, SERVICES AND BETA SERVICES.
As a “free-to-list” digital Platform, Users acknowledge and agree that Eqpme generates fees from its Services based on: (i) fees related to Transactions by Users using the Platform, (ii) advertising and (iii) subscriptions for select Services.
Owners and Customers are separately charged fees equal to the then applicable percentage based on their respective current status on the Platform for each and every Transaction arranged utilizing the Platform on completion of same.
The Customer is charged a fee, referred to herein as an Eqpme Service Fee, equal to the applicable amount disclosed in our Pricing Policy for each and every transaction arranged utilizing the Platform on completion of the rental or a sale.
15.1 Pricing Policy
Additional details regarding certain fees we charge for using our Services and other cost structures can be found in our Pricing Policy. When you provide Eqpme with a payment method, you authorize Eqpme, or third-party service providers acting on Eqpme’s behalf, to store your payment credentials for future use in the event you owe Eqpme any money. You authorize Eqpme to use stored payment credentials for balances, including for payments, fines, fees (e.g., late fees, damage fees, transportation costs, processing fees and claims costs and related administrative fees).
15.2 Promotional Codes
Eqpme may, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, create promotional codes from time to time that may be redeemed for Account credit, or other features or benefits related to any fees charged for using the Services provided on the Platform, subject to any supplemental terms that Eqpme may establish on a per promotional code basis (“Promo Codes”). You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public form or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by Eqpme; (iii) may, as permitted by law, be disabled by Eqpme at any time without liability to Eqpme; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that Eqpme establishes for such Promo Code; (v) are not valid for cash; and (vi) may expire prior to your use. Eqpme reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of Promo Codes by you or any other User in the event that Eqpme reasonably determines or believes that the use or redemption of the Promo Code was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these Terms.
15.3 Customer Referral Program
Eqpme may, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, create, amend and/or or terminate any type of Customer referral program (the “Customer Referral Program”) relating to its Services and reward any valid referrals in such a manner as it deems fit. For the purposes of any such Customer Referral Program, a User may become a “Referrer” by making referrals to friends, family members or colleagues that subsequently result in a transaction completed on the Platform.
Unless otherwise stated, rewards have no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash. They are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold. Rewards are subject to verification. Eqpme may delay a reward for the purposes of investigation. Eqpme may also refuse to verify and process any transaction for any reason.
A Referrer cannot refer to themselves or create multiple, fictitious or fake accounts with Eqpme. No User may use the Customer Referral Program to violate any law, infringe or violate the rights of any third party, or otherwise act in a manner that is deemed harassing, harmful, illegal, hateful, obscene or outside the spirit and intent of the Customer Referral Program. In addition, you may not (i) tamper with the Customer Referral Program, (ii) act in an unfair or disruptive manner, or (iii) use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate or receive any benefit in the Customer Referral Program. This includes, but is not limited to, a general prohibition on posting of the referral codes on any website which offers the referral code to anyone other than individuals to whom you personally know. If we believe that a referral code associated with a User’s account was used in such a manner, we reserve the right to remove all credit associated with that Account and remove the User from the Platform as well as initiate proceedings to reclaim any amounts paid out to said Account, regardless of the date of payment and the date of discovery of the suspect activity.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PLATFORM MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AS WELL AS CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EQPME RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING REFERRING ANY CONDUCT TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES FOR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
15.4 Payment Processing
Payment processing services are provided by Stripe and subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Services Agreement (collectively, the “Stripe Terms”). In countries where you receive payment proceeds via Stripe, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Terms, which may be modified from time to time. As a condition of Eqpme enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you authorize Eqpme to obtain all necessary access and perform all necessary activity on your Stripe Connected Account to facilitate sharing of your piece(s) of equipment. You further agree to provide accurate and complete information about you, and authorize Eqpme to share it and transaction information with Stripe for the purposes of facilitating payment processing services provided by Stripe. Eqpme reserves the right to switch payment processing providers at its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion. By using the payment system Stripe, you will receive your payment approximately fourteen (14) business days after the rental is complete. You will be paid directly from Stripe.
You understand and acknowledge that appropriate governmental agencies, departments, or authorities may take the position that you owe taxes in connection with your profits made as a result of your use of the Services. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with any and all applicable tax rules and regulations and to consult with your personal/business tax advisor. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the sale of your goods and services and/or the payments you receive in connection with your use of the Services (“Taxes”).
We are not obligated to, nor will we determine whether Taxes apply, or calculate, collect, report, or remit any Taxes to any tax authority arising from any transaction. Notwithstanding the integration of any third-party software (such as Avalara) into the Platform which may assist in such determinations, we take no responsibility for the accuracy thereof and any use or reliance on such systems by any User is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of use of any such third-party.
Users are solely responsible for the collection, filing and payment of Taxes in their jurisdiction. Eqpme makes no representations or warranties regarding how taxing authorities in any jurisdiction will treat income earned by Owners utilizing the Services. Amounts received by Owners from transactions using the Platform are inclusive of any Taxes which may be required to be paid by the Owner. EQPME is not responsible for remittance of any Taxes on behalf of any User. Owners are hereby cautioned to ensure that Taxes are taken into consideration when determining a listing price for their Equipment.
15.6 Third-Party Services and Links to Other Websites
You acknowledge and specifically consent to our use of third-party service providers as part of the Service, and in particular you authorize us to enter into service contracts that we deem necessary or appropriate to provide the Service. The providers and services may change from time to time, without notice being sent to you and you acknowledge that your consent is not required for us to change service providers. You authorize us to disclose to third-party service providers the information necessary to receive their service. You authorize us to accept the terms and conditions, including any applicable privacy policies, as determined in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, of third-party service providers we choose to engage. You waive the right to any and all claims against us for any liability arising out of the use of third-party service providers, including without limitation for disclosures of confidential information.
Collection of Fees
Eqpme and its partners will employ all legal methods available to collect unpaid amounts, including the engagements of collection agencies or legal counsel. Eqpme, or the collection agencies we retain, may also report information about your Eqpme Account to credit bureaus, and as a result, late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your Eqpme Account may be reflected in your credit report. In addition to the amount due, delinquent accounts and/or chargebacks will be charged with fees and/or charges that are incidental to the collection of delinquent accounts and/or chargebacks including, but not limited to, collection fees, convenience fees, and/or other third-party charges. You hereby explicitly agree that all communication in relation to delinquent accounts may be made by e-mail or phone, as provided to Eqpme by you. Such communication may be made by Eqpme or by anyone on its behalf, including but not limited to a third-party collection agent. If you wish to dispute the information Eqpme reported to a credit bureau (i.e., Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion) please contact email@example.com. If you wish to dispute the information a collection agency reported to a credit bureau regarding your Eqpme Account, you should contact the collection agency directly.
Data charges may apply when you download and use the Services over a cellular network or otherwise. You are responsible for all data or service charges in connection with downloading and use of the Services.
16. Violation and Enforcement
1. Policy Enforcement
When an issue arises, without limitation, we may consider any of the following in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion:
- the User’s Account rating, performance history, compliance record and, in appropriate circumstances, if any infringing action is relating to a specific-Authorized User under an Account,
- the tier of the User in any applicable reward and/or performance programs then in place; and
- the specific circumstances of the case and conduct of the parties,
in applying these Terms. We may enforce these Terms in strict accordance herewith or we may choose to be more lenient with enforcement in our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion.
Eqpme has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate, pursue, and seek to prosecute, litigate, or refer to law enforcement violations of the Terms to the fullest extent permissible at law. Eqpme may access, preserve, and disclose any of your information if we are permitted or required to do so by law; if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to respond to claims asserted against Eqpme or to comply with permissible legal process (for example, subpoenas or warrants); to enforce or administer these Terms; to do so for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development, and debugging purposes; and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eqpme, its employees, its users, or members of the public.
Eqpme reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, in accordance with applicable law, to remove or disable access to any content that Eqpme, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms, or otherwise harmful to the Services or our community. If we believe you are abusing Eqpme, our users or employees or in any way are violating the letter or spirit of any of these Terms, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your Eqpme Account(s) and access to our Services, remove Owner content, remove and/or demote your listings, reduce and/or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse or terminate our Services to anyone for any reason at our sole, absolute and unfettered discretion to the full extent permitted under applicable law.
3. Liquidated Damages
You acknowledge that the actual damages likely to result from you: (i) engaging in gray market transactions (i.e., using Eqpme to find a Customer or Equipment, and then completing a reservation or related transaction partially or wholly independent of Eqpme, in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any Eqpme Fees), (ii) registering domains, social media handles, bidding on keywords, or otherwise using the Eqpme domains, trademarks, or taglines; or (iii) suing or making claims against another User are difficult to estimate and would be difficult for Eqpme to prove. You therefore acknowledge and agree that the administrative costs associated with any such conduct shall be, at a minimum, equivalent to the greater of: (a) FIVE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($5,000.00 USD) or (b) the equivalent Eqpme Service Fee and/or Transaction Facilitation Fee plus applicable taxes for any contemplated Transaction that is so diverted which Eqpme is able to reasonably prove and you hereby agree to pay Eqpme such amount as liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, to compensate Eqpme for each and every occurrence relating to any such conduct.
You may discontinue your use of the Services at any time by deleting your Account and refraining from further use of the Services. Eqpme may terminate your access to the Services and remove any listings for any reason, or no reason, to the extent permissible under applicable law. Termination of access to the Services will not release a party from any obligations hereunder. Users will pay to Eqpme any amounts that have accrued before, and remain unpaid as of, the date of the termination or expiration, including those for the billing cycle in which termination occurs, if applicable. Any form of licenses and use rights granted to a User with respect to the Services, including with respect to intellectual property, will immediately terminate. Eqpme may retain and continue to use any information, including, but not limited to, photography, previously provided by you.
Termination of YOUR USE OF, or access to, THE SERVICES will not have any effect on the tAX RESPONSIBILITIES OFEQPME AS SET OUT HEREIN OR UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAWS AS WELL AS ANY disclaimers, waiver or liability limitations, or legal disputes provisions under the Agreement and/or any fees due, and all of those Terms will survive: (i) YOUR DISCONTINUATION OF USE OF THE SERVICES, (II) THE DELETION OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND (iii) any OTHER PURPORTED OR ACTUAL termination HEREof OR OF ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND EQPME.
18. Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE PLATFORM, SERVICES AND ALL CONTENT “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EQPME EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, COMPLETENESS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- WE DO NOT ENDORSE OR WARRANT THE EXISTENCE, CONDUCT, PERFORMANCE, SAFETY, QUALITY, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY OWNER, CUSTOMER, EQUIPMENT, LISTING OF EQUIPMENT OR THIRD-PARTY;
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-INTERRUPTION OF THE PLATFORM;
- WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT VERIFICATION, IDENTITY OR BACKGROUND CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON ANY OWNER OR CUSTOMER;
- WE DO NOT WARRANT HOW TAXING AUTHORITIES IN ANY JURISDICTION WILL TREAT INCOME EARNED BY OWNERS UTILIZING THE SERVICES;
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE LISTING AND/OR ANY EQUIPMENT OR OPTIONAL EXTRA, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; AND
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THE QUALITY OF ANY LISTINGS, EQUIPMENT, OWNERS, CUSTOMERS, EXTRAS, THE SERVICES, OR ANY CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES. THE DISCLAIMERS IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU HAVE STATUTORY RIGHTS OR WARRANTIES WE CANNOT DISCLAIM, THE DURATION OF ANY SUCH STATUTORILY REQUIRED RIGHTS OR WARRANTIES, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- EQPME PROVIDES SERVICES THAT ENABLE THE RENTING OF EQUIPMENT AND OPTIONAL EXTRAS BETWEEN OWNERS AND CUSTOMERS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS, EQPME DOES NOT ITSELF PROVIDE EQUIPMENT SHARING OR RENTAL SERVICES AND/OR INSURANCE SERVICES AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY OF THE USERS OF ITS SERVICES, OR THE SAFETY, USABILITY OR MANUFACTURE OF THE EQUIPMENT OR ANY OPTIONAL EXTRAS, OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER OF SERVICES (E.G. EQUIPMENT GPS OR OTHER SYSTEMS).
- ALL DOCUMENTS SUPPLIED BY EQPME ARE SAMPLES ONLY NOT FOR USE OR DISSEMINATION WITHOUT PRIOR LEGAL ADVICE. EQPME IS NOT A LAW FIRM AND CANNOT, AND DOES NOT PURPORT TO, PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE. WE PROVIDE INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPROPRIATELY USING THIS MATERIAL.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE (A) ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD-PARTY IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE SERVICES, OR (B) ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, ANY SERVICE FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR ANY OTHER ADVERTISING. WE ARE NOT A PARTY TO, NOR WILL WE IN ANY WAY MONITOR, ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
19. Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS YOU HAVE TO SUE OR MAKE CLAIMS AGAINST EQPME AND ITS RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS (INCLUDING THIRD-PARTY ADMINISTRATORS, OR EMPLOYEES (TOGETHER, THE “EQPME PARTIES”) FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EQUIPMENT NOT BEING AVAILABLE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, ANY MALFUNCTION OF OR DEFICIENCY IN EQUIPMENT, ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHER OBLIGATION BY ANY MANUFACTURER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY, ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY OF YOUR PASSENGERS. NEITHER EQPME NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FROM YOUR LISTING OR BOOKING OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR OPTIONAL EXTRA VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
EQPME HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY AND ASSUMES NO LIABLITY FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN OWNERS AND CUSTOMERS.
Except for our obligations to pay amounts to applicable Owners or Customers pursuant to these Terms, including an approved payment request, in no event will Eqpme or its subsidiaries’ or insurers’ aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Services, exceed the greater of: (i) the amounts you have paid in the thirty (30) day period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or (ii) ONE HUNDRED CANADIAN DOLLARS ($100.00 CAD).
THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN EQPME AND YOU. HOWEVER, SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EQPME TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ASSISTING IN RECOVERY OF ANY FEES, CHARGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR DESCRIPTION WHATSOEVER RELATED TO DAMAGED EQUIPMENT.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold Eqpme and its subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Services or your violation of these Terms; your user content; your interaction with any user, booking of a piece(s) of equipment, or creation of a listing for a Equipment; or the use, condition, including but not limited to any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of a booking, sharing, or use of a piece(s) of Equipment or optional Extra.
The sole recourse of a Customer or Owner regarding a violation in respect of the reservation of Equipment hereof shall be to report the violation and request the Equipment, the Owner and/or the Customer be removed from the Platform.
21. Arbitration & Waiver of Class Actions Applicable to Users
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
By agreeing to the Terms you agree that you are required to resolve any claim that you may have against Eqpme on an individual-basis in arbitration as set forth herein and not as a class, collective, coordinated, consolidated, mass and/or representative action. This Arbitration provision precludes you from bringing any class, collective, coordinated, consolidated, mass and/or representative action against Eqpme, and also precludes you from participating in or recovering relief in any current or future class, collective, coordinated, consolidated, mass and/or representative action brought against Eqpme by someone else. Nothing here prevents you from filing a claim with a government agency.
You are hereby advised that there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages), and must follow the provisions of these Terms as a court world.
This provision shall survive the termination of your contractual relationship with Eqpme.
21.1 Covered Disputes
Section 21 of these Terms is intended to be interpreted broadly. You and Eqpme agree that any dispute, claim or controversy in any way arising out of or relating to: (i) these Terms and prior versions of these Terms, or the existence, breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, scope, waiver or validity thereof; (ii) any tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory; (iii) your access to or use of the Services at any times; (iv) incidents or accidents resulting in a personal injury to you or anyone else that you allege occurred in connection with your use of the Services (including, but not limited to, your use of the Platform), regardless of whether the dispute, claim or controversy occurred or accrued before or after the date you agreed to the Terms, and regardless of whether you allege that the personal injury was experienced by you or anyone else; and (v) your relationship with Eqpme, will be settled by binding individual arbitration between you and Eqpme, and not in a court of law.
21.2 Class Action Waiver
You acknowledge and agree that any and all disputes, claims or controversies between the parties shall be resolved only in individual arbitration. The parties expressly waive the right to have any dispute, claim or controversy brought, heard, administered, resolved, or arbitrated as a class, collective, coordinated, consolidated and/or representative action, and neither an arbitration nor an arbitration provider shall have any authority to hear, arbitrate or administer any class, collective, coordinated, consolidated and/or representative action, or to award relief to anyone but the individual in the arbitration. The parties also expressly waive the right to seek, recover or obtain any non-individual relief. Notwithstanding anything else in this Agreement, this Class Action Waiver does not prevent you or Eqpme from participating in a class-wide, collective and/or representative settlement of claims.
The parties further agree that if for any reason a claim does not proceed in arbitration, this Class Action Waiver shall remain in effect, and a court may not preside over any action joining, coordinating or consolidating the claims of multiple individuals against Eqpme in a single proceeding, except that this Class Action Waiver shall not prevent you or Eqpme from participating in a class-wide, collective and/or representative settlement of claims. If there is a final judicial determination that any portion of this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable or unlaw for any reason, (i) any class, collective, coordinated, consolidated and/or representative claims subject to the unenforceable or unlawful provision(s) shall proceed in a court of competent jurisdiction subject only to the Section 21.8 below; (ii) the portion of the Class Action Waiver that is enforceable shall be enforced in arbitration; (iii) the unenforceable or unlawful portion(s) shall be severed from these Terms; and (iv) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision(s) shall have no impact whatsoever on the enforceability, applicability or validity of the remainder of these Terms or the arbitrability of any remaining claims asserted by you or Eqpme.
21.3 Delegation Clause
Only an arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court, tribunal or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation hereof including, without limitation, any claim that all or part hereof is void or voidable. An arbitrator shall also have exclusive authority to resolve all threshold arbitrability issues including, without limitation, issues relating to whether the Terms are applicable, unconscionable, or illusory and any defense to arbitration including, without limitation, waiver, delay, laches or estoppel. However, only a court of competent jurisdiction, subject to Section 21.8 below, and not an arbitrator, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any and all disputes arising out of or relating to the Class Action Waiver.
21.4 Application to Third-Parties
These Terms shall be binding upon, and shall include any claims brought by or against any third-parties including, but not limited to, your spouses, heirs, successors, third-party beneficiaries and assigns, where their underlying claims arise out of or relate to your use of the Services. To the extent that any third-party beneficiary brings claims against the Eqpme Parties, those claims shall also be subject hereto.
21.5 Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution and Notification
The parties agree that good-faith informal efforts to resolve disputes often can result in a prompt, low-cost, and mutually beneficial outcome. The parties therefore agree that, before either party demands arbitration against the other, we will personally meet and confer, via telephone or videoconference, in a good-faith effort to resolve informally any claim covered hereby. Multiple individuals initiating claims cannot participate in the same informal telephonic dispute resolution conference. If you are represented by counsel, your counsel may participate in the conference, but you shall also fully participate in the conference. The party initiating the claim must give notice to the other party in writing of their intent to initiate an informal dispute resolution conference, which shall occur within thirty (30) days after the other party receives such notice, unless an extension is mutually agreed upon by the parties in writing.
To notify Eqpme that you intend to initiate an informal dispute resolution conference, write to Eqpme Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 270 Toryork Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9L 1Y1, providing your name, the telephone number(s) and email address associated with your Account and a description of your claim. Engaging in an informal dispute resolution conference is a condition precedent that must be fulfilled before commencing arbitration, and the Arbitrator shall dismiss any arbitration demand filed before completion of an informal dispute resolution conference. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled while the parties engage in the informal dispute resolution process required by this paragraph.
Initiating Arbitration. In order to initiate arbitration following the conclusion of the informal dispute resolution process required by this Section, a party must provide the other party with a written demand for arbitration and file the demand with the applicable Arbitration Provider, as determined by Section 21.6 . A party initiating an arbitration against Eqpme must send the written demand for arbitration to Eqpme Inc., Attn: Legal Department, 270 Toryork Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M9L 1Y1. Additionally, a party initiating arbitration against Eqpme must send an electronic version of the demand for arbitration to the applicable Arbitration Provider, defined below, and must send an electronic version of the as-filed demand to firstname.lastname@example.org .
21.6 Agreement to Binding Arbitration between You and Eqpme
Unless prohibited by law, all Covered Disputes defined in Section 21.1 of this Arbitration Agreement shall be finally and conclusively adjudicated and resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Act (Ontario), as same may be amended or restated from time to time (the “Arbitration Act”), subject to all procedural modifications further set out herein. For any and all disputes, claims or controversies relating to the Services, the parties agree that, in addition to the Arbitration Act, either the:
- Simplified Arbitration Procedure set out under the Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc. (“ADRIC”), except as otherwise modified herein (the “Simplified Rules”); or
- Expedited Arbitration Procedure set out under the Expedited Arbitration Rules of the Canadian Arbitration Association, except as otherwise modified herein (the “Expedited Rules”),
shall apply (individually or collectively, as applicable, the “Arbitration Rules”). If the parties cannot reach a consensus on which Arbitration Rules to select, then Eqpme shall have the right to select from the Arbitration Rules named above in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion. For clarity, in the event of a conflict between the Arbitration Act, the Simplified Rules or the Expedited Rules, as applicable, and the Terms set out herein, the Terms shall prevail to conclusively establish the applicable arbitration procedure for the parties relating to any Covered Disputes.
Any settlement offer made by you or Eqpme shall not be disclosed to an arbitrator.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Arbitration Act or the applicable Arbitration Rules, the following rules shall govern the arbitration procedure: a) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or be solely based on written submissions with such determination based on the requirements set out herein; b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; c) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction and d) only one (1) arbitrator shall be selected by consensus in writing between the parties, failing which, same shall be selected by Eqpme from its then applicable roster list based on the nature of the Covered Dispute
Where the relief sought is $50,000 or less in United States Dollars (not including attorneys' fees and expenses), then the arbitrator shall limit the proceeding to written submissions only. Where the relief sought is $50,001 or more in United States Dollars (not including attorneys’ fees and expenses), the arbitrator shall instruct the parties to provide limited discovery and streamlined proceedings.
To the extent applicable, the parties agree that the arbitration: (i) shall be in English, (ii) conducted remotely by telephone or video-conferencing and (iii) the substantive law of Toronto, Ontario, Canada will apply without regard to any conflict of law provisions.
The parties acknowledge and agree that arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. An arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with applicable law, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Users but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same User to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Where permitted, the parties agree that all communications, evidence, and rulings in the arbitration will remain strictly confidential, except as reasonably necessary to enforce or implement such rulings or these Terms.
21.7 Exceptions to Requirement to Arbitrate
The parties may agree not to arbitrate when:
- The dispute or claims that can be brought in small claims court in Ontario, Canada so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual basis; or
- When a party requires injunctive or equitable relief to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property rights.
Such claims may be brought and litigated in a court of competent jurisdiction by you on an individual-basis only. On an “individual-basis” means that you cannot bring such claims as a class, collective, coordinated, consolidated, mass and/or representative action against Eqpme. The parties’ agreement not to require arbitration in these limited circumstances does not waive the enforceability of any part or portion hereof.
Arbitration Venue & Judicial Forum
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, you and Eqpme agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any court of competent jurisdiction in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in order to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgement on the award entered by the arbitrator.
In the event that Section 21.7 applies, then any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between the parties will be resolved exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in: Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The parties further agree that the substantive law of Toronto, Ontario, Canada will apply to any such claim or dispute without regard to conflict of law provisions.
Jury Trial Waiver
The parties understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration section, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court. You and Eqpme acknowledge and agree that we are each waiving the right to a trial by jury as to all arbitrable Covered Disputes.
22.1 No Transfer or Assignment
Except as otherwise provided herein, Users agree that nothing in these Terms constitutes an actual or purported transfer or assignment of any right or interest in a piece of Equipment or optional Extras available for rent or purchase through the Services. All contracts for such transfers or assignments of rights are separate and apart from the use of the Services by any two or more Users.
22.2 No Agency
Eqpme does not appoint you or any other user as its employee, mandatory, legal agent, or form any kind of legal partnership or joint venture. You are not authorized to make any commitments on behalf of Eqpme and Eqpme will not make commitments on your behalf, except as contemplated by the Services or expressly stated in these Terms.
22.3 Entire Agreement
These Terms states the entire understanding between you and Eqpme concerning your access to and use of the Services and supersedes all other previous iterations hereof and/or any other forms of communication which you may have with Eqpme from time to time.. With the exception of appointing a custodian to manage Equipment on your behalf, you may not delegate your legal obligations or transfer any of your rights, in whole or in part, to any third party without advance written consent of Eqpme. You will remain responsible for your obligations and actions hereunder in any event.
22.4 Severability – Unenforceable Provision
If any provision, or any part thereof, contained in these Terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then such provision, or part thereof, shall be severed and the remaining provisions will not be affected in any way, shape or form and will continue in full force and effect.
22.5 No Waiver
Eqpme’s failure or refusal to exercise any right herein contained will not constitute a waiver thereof or of any other right Eqpme may have.
22.6 Force Majeure
Eqpme shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, pandemics, epidemics or disease, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such section.
Where Eqpme has provided you with a translation of the English language version of these Terms or any Policies, in case of any wording discrepancies between the English and any other versions of the Terms and any Policies, the English language wording shall take precedence.
22.9 Continued Survival
These Terms bind you and your respective heirs, representatives and permitted and approved successors (including those by merger and acquisition) or any permitted assigns.